BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 3, 2016

March- reset!

Happy march, fans of preppy and others.

Apologies for the radio silence, but, overall, February kicked my butt.  I have decided with the exception of the birthday of my fabulous dad, I really don't like the month at all.  It is usually cold and snowy (although not snowy this year in MA).  Work was horrendously slow, which is terrible if you are in sales.  I am not a fan of Valentines Day, which has nothing to do with my relationship status (for the record, I have been with the bf for almost 3.5 years).  I ended the month feeling let down, and I started this one off not much better, with a disappointing number on the scale and a lost phone.

But my phone was found (thank you, Iphone locator!) and I realized that, jeez, if a lost phone that I am to attached and a number and a number on a scale that doesn't reflect how much I have toned up are the worst things in my life, I am a pretty lucky person.  And this month, next month and beyond are filling up with some exciting things!  

And preppy is always on my mind!



I took the time to connect and to focus on some things from my resolutions list.  I saw my family all together, which is a rare treat.  

I got some QT friend time- often times over a meal...
 I have been working on getting healthy with my eating habits and my workout schedule.  I have been working on learning to code (so cool!).  And, I made a terrarium, finally!!  

And, perhaps more importantly to me, I have been working on growing my Facebook group, Massachusetts Senior and Special Needs Animals in Search of Forever Homes, to find homes for senior and special needs animals.  It's a never ending mission, and, there aren't enough good people out there to save the abandoned animals.

 https://www.facebook.com/groups/1621756308070023/

 
This is Tom Applehead.  He was alone, abandoned on the streets for at least five years.  He was rescued by a wonderful person at Boston's Forgotten Felines when she saw that he was having trouble eating.  He's at least ten, no has no teeth and is FIV+.  I loved him before he became my foster.  He was supposed to stay 3 weeks.  That was at the beginning of September. ;)

Tonight, my friend from the rescue world lost his cat unexpectedly.  My heart is broken for him.  Never take advantage of the time that you have with someone or something.  You don't have forever.

Spring is coming (I think that Massachusetts is going to have a spring this year)!  And I have a ton of preppy posts in the making.

Thanks for reading, and now back to my regularly scheduled preppy programming!

No comments:

Post a Comment