BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Nantucket June Adventures, Day 1

With the (lack of success) in house selling and other not so awesome goings on, I thought I'd go bACK to the end of June and do some fab posts on my visit to Nantucket.

Day 1: We were actually thinking of delaying, due to reports of heavy storms scheduled for Thursday.  The weather forecast, continued to improve, so off we went!

First stop: Spanky's in Hyannis to split their enormous lobster salad and put down a cocktail- one is all you need here unless you are planning on getting bombed.
I will NEVER get tired of this welcoming view, even if I own a place on Nantucket one day!
 We arrived on the Island to a gorgeous, sunny afternoon.
 Our rental place was within walking distance of the town center, but we cabbed it due to amount of stuff.
 There were countless curiosities within the place, but I was particularly intrigued by the vast array of slickers in my closet (at least 10)!  If a storm did come, we were well stocked!
 It was still quite warm, so we walked to a little beach just outside of town.
 Nantucket is so beautiful!
 After a little lounging, we headed to dinner- shopping would have to wait!
 Eye catching Octopus.
 Dinner at Lola 41- dress by MacBeth and clutch from Marleylilly.
 Figgy yummy-ness.  Mission figs with pistachio butter.  I pretty much ate all of this app myself.  Which was good, because the main entree was pretty small.
 Scallops with egg noodles- seriously- 3 for $34?  And not so jumbo...
 Halibut over sauteed cherry tomatoes.  YUM!!
We stayed and chatted for hours and took our time- my favorite type of dinner on vacation. 

It was pretty quiet in town being a Thursday and not the height of the season, so we made it an early night.  Tons to do in the upcoming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment