BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Nantucket June Vacation- Day 3- Eating, Shopping, Beaching, More Shopping and More Eating!

Jenny got up nice and early to join me and Alex on the Island for the remainder of the trip.  Plan for today: breakfast->shop->beach->shop->dinner->out.  Perfect!
 All dressed and ready to go with a lobster theme.
 The flower boxes and gardens are so lovely!
 Yea- Jenny's here.  Let's party!
 Nom nom, especially that honey biscuit!
 Always love a browse in Murray's.
 Fascinated by this whale keepah.  Wonder if my dad would wear it...
 Cute bag at Vis a Vis but sticker shock!!
Adorable shifts at Shift!
 Eyeing this fab little bag from Bosom Buddy Bags at the Blue Beetle.
 So many treats at Monelle!
Thanks, Alex, for yelling at me that I don't need these- although if they are still around for stroll...
 Home wants at Best of the Beach-must.wait.until.I.buy.a.house.
Aaaaaaah-WANT.THIS.PLATTER.IN.THE.WORST.WAY!
 Bright colors and preppy goodness at Townpool.
Had NO IDEA about the merchants/farmers market, and totally missed it.  Sadness.
 Time for the beach.  
 We biked again, but just surfside, which was easy for everyone!
 At the snack shack, they had several veg/seafood options, and this scallop/crab/shrimp cake was delish.
 Surfside Beach!
 We headed back after a great afternoon to relax (for Alex and Jenny).  For me, more shopping/browsing!  In the Pink Nantucket is so colorful!
 Hello, dress.  I want you.
 Fell in love with Lola's pendants at The Love Shack.
 In my whalehouse.
Met the girls right on schedule for dinner at the Grey Lady- which is one of the best meals that I have had on Nantucket!  

The drink was made with fresh raspberries and was light and heavenly.  I had to try a couple of their patented Grey Lady oysters- which were so good that I ordered a few more.  We split the appetizer which was a cauliflower souffle with escargot and some other goodies.  Grey Lady, if you are reading, add this to your menu.  It was so good that it made me wish the other girls hated it.  For dinner Alex and I both ordered the seared flounder with tomato bisque, asparagus, split pea panzanella and squid ink vinaigrette.  It was worth every penny.  Jenny got the Petite Filet Mignon with shrimp and amazing accutrements.   And I threw in an order of the seaweed quinoa for good meausre. We split a dessert of chocolately goodness with fresh strawberry sauce, and it was a spoonfight to the finish.
Happy diners and Nantucket goers.
I had such a great time with the girls and a great day that I walked home and skipped the Chicken Box and Joshua Tree.  Blasphemy to some, but I wanted this picture to be the end of a perfect night- not a crowd at the Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment