BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 24, 2016

In The Pink Warehouse Sale- Roundup


So, I survived the In the Pink Warehouse sale, and so did my wallet.  


Here's the rundown:  I got there at about 9:30, and there were already about 130 people in line.  One of the employees came out to talk to everyone in line to let us know the scoop:  the space was really small, and by fire codes, they were not allowed to have more than 20 people in the building.  So I knew that it would be a while.

My friend came to meet me a little less than an hour later, and in total, I waited about 2.5 plus hours to get in.

Once inside, things were organized by number size and by xxs-xl.   In The Pink tried ahead of time to let people know that this was not a Lilly warehouse sale and that there would be a limited amount of Lilly.  

By the time that I got in there, there was a very limited amount of Lilly, and what there was, I would not have wanted.  There were some good deals to be had, but more so if you were an xxs and didn't have your heart set on Lilly.

There were two rooms with clothing and one with accessories where you checked out.  The checkout line weaved through the two rooms, and it moved pretty slowly.  Not a comfortable situation.  And there were WAY more than 20 people in the building.

I left with a Kiel James Patrick pair of pelican earrings and a KJP bracelet at 50% off.  

I was definitely disappointed, not because I was expecting to score lots of Lilly, but because I was actually excited about the other brands that they advertised: Tracy Negoshian, Judy Connally (didn't see), Kate Spade (didn't see), KJP and Sail To Sable.  Without exception, I knew that I could find better deals on everything that I did see in stores or online.

Cheers to the In The Pink employees for being helpful and having a good attitude.  I used to work there (when the warehouse was the owner's garage), and I appreciate the stress that they were put under.  

I hope that people had better luck than I did.  Back to online discount shopping for me. :) 

The afternoon was salvaged at Loco in South Boston, which has delicious cocktails, fresh oysters, fab tacos and literally the best and most beautiful ceviche that I have ever seen.  I cannot wait to go back!
Also, some macarons from Miam Miam Macaronerie, including a Purple Rain purple sparkly one that was raspberry flavored, created in honor of Prince.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment